Annie Gentès is Professor in Design and Information and Communication Sciences at Telecom Paris and Head of the Codesign and Media Studies Lab.
- Executive board Member “EXALT”, Industrial Chair on Experience Design.
- Executive board Member « Theories and methods of design », UMR 9217 « I3 ».
- Executive board Member “Identity of Objects”, Industrial Chair on « Theory and Methods of Design” Mines-Paristech
- Associate Editor Journal « Sciences du design », PUF
- Editorial Board Member Collection “Design Research Foundation”, Springer
She teaches new media art, innovation and design:
- Master “Design, Media, Technology” with the University of Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne.
- Master “Design and sciences”, with ENS Cachan and ENSCI
- Undergraduate courses: Design and Innovation (SIM), innovation and narration (Master PIC), and gamification (SES)
My research topics are:
Radical innovation is happening outside of disciplines! The in-discipline of design
I coined the term “in-discipline” to describe how design works in between disciplines. The In-discipline of design is about de-structuring, re-composing, and elaborating on disciplines. Radical innovation as well as scientific breakthroughs happen in a design space where disciplines under-determine each other so that an “X”, an invention, can happen.
What do we know about design? A media-centered model of design
The analysis of design methods in engineering, art, and design shows differences but also common points: composition, storytelling, mediologic dialog. This research has also allowed me to build a coherent model of design as a media-centered activity, both conceptive and communicative.
How can we bring more innovative thinking into organizations? Anchored creativity
Elaborating on design thinking methods, I develop design methods that use the DNA of companies to design for and with the organizations. I developed in particular the organa design method but also “creative evaluation”, or “perlaborative interviews” and design tools like COSI cards, Drop Dead Design.
#DigitAg : Annie Gentès nommée au conseil scientifiqueFaculty Members, Innovation — 28/01/2021Annie Gentès fait partie du conseil scientifique de #DigitAg depuis décembre 2020. L’Institut [...]
Le design est partoutFaculty Members, Innovation — 12/08/2020Annie Gentès : Pour beaucoup, un objet «design» est un objet joli... et inconfortable. Mais que signifie vraiment ce mot, ce concept ? On en [...]