Job offer : Associate Professor in Modelling, Verification and Quantitative Analysis of Cyber Physical Systems (CPS)mardi 11 février 2020
- Contract type: CDI (permanent contract – tenure position)
- Job location: Télécom Paris, 19 Place Marguerite Perey, Palaiseau 91120, France
- Department/Unit: Department INFRES (Computer Sciencer & Networks)
- Application by: Thursday, March 26, 2020
Télécom Paris is one of the top four engineering schools in France for training general engineers. Recognized for its close ties with businesses, this public graduate school ensures excellent employment prospects in all industries and is considered the number-one engineering school for digital technology. With its top-level innovative teaching, Télécom Paris is at the center of a unique innovation ecosystem, drawing on the interaction and cross-disciplinary nature of the school’s academic programs, interdisciplinary research, two business incubators and its campuses (Paris and Sophia Antipolis – EURECOM). Its LTCI laboratory has been accredited by HCERES (national research evaluation) as an outstanding unit in the field of digital sciences for its international reputation and exceptional number of initiatives supporting the socio-economic world and industry, as well as for its great contribution to teaching.
A founding member of Institut Polytechnique de Paris and an IMT (Institut Mines-Télécom) school, Télécom Paris is positioned as the college for digital innovation on the Paris-Saclay Campus.
The research team of Autonomous and Critical Embedded Systems of Telecom Paris is looking for a tenured Associate Professor in the area of Modelling, Verification and Analysis of Cyber Physical Systems (CPS). The candidate is expected to strengthen the research force of the school by contributing to ongoing and future projects related to softwre related modelling, verification and quantitative analysis of CPS. A specific focus will be given to modelling, verification and analysis in (at least) one of the following contexts: safety, security, autonomous systems, multi-paradigm modelling.
To ensure smooth integration into the research program of ACES and Telecom Paris, it is desired for the candidate to share interests in one or more of the following areas: formal verification, quantitative analysis and model driven engineering of non-functional properties, safety, security, autonomic computing, multi-paradigm modelling.
Preferred scientific expertise
Strong expertise in at least on of the following fields:
- formal verification (model-checking, proof assistants),
- quantitative analysis for cyber physical systems (energy consumption, safety, security, timing performance …
- model driven engineering using multi-paradigm modelling.
Keywords: cyber-physical systems, formal verification, quantitative analysis, model driven engineering
Additional keywords: safety, security, autonomous systems, multi-paradigm modelling.
Main responsibilities and duties
1. Applicants should conduct research in the concerned scientific field.
2. They should participate in the design and implementation of courses in their scientific field.
3. They should participate in the development of partnerships, collaborations, and contractual agreements in their scientific field.
- Engage in research activities in the scientific field concerned;
- Write proposals and participate in projects with partners from the Institut Polytechnique de Paris, the Institut Mines-Télécom or other institutions from the academic and/or corporate world, in particular in the framework of international, national, or European projects;
- Carry out industrial research contracts;
- Explore and develop partnerships within the industry and establish contractual agreements.
Teaching: In collaboration with the other faculty members of the department:
- Provide courses consistent with areas of knowledge, skills-set, and departmental needs;
- Teach labs and tutorials for undergraduate and graduate students;
- Serve on juries for prospective students who are applying for engineering courses, specialized masters, etc.;
- Contribute to the analysis of training needs;
- Design and organize teaching activities for undergraduate and graduate students;
- Design and implement project-based teaching;
- Supervise student projects;
- Develop courses and teaching tools in the above-mentioned field.
- Participate in and contribute to the scientific activities of the Group (seminars, presentations, juries, etc.).
Fostering the recognition of Telecom Paris and the Institut Polytechnique de Paris:
- Disseminate research findings via scholarly writing and publication;
- Lead presentations and seminars;
- Take an active role in scholarly and professional organizations;
- Maintain close relations with academic institutions, research centers, and companies.
- Participate in the scientific, pedagogical, and management activities of the department and/or institution;
- Where appropriate, direct and manage the staff placed under his or her responsibility or supervision;
- Report on the activities and results of the tasks for which he or she is responsible.
Required skills, experience, and knowledge:
- In-depth theoretical or applied knowledge in his or her field of expertise;
- An excellent command of spoken and written English.
- If the candidate does not speak French, at the moment of hiring he or she must commit to obtaining a professional proficiency of French as quickly as possible while under contract.
Preferred skills, experience, and knowledge:
- Post-doctoral or international experience in an academic or industrial laboratory is appreciated;
- Teaching experience.
Other abilities and skills:
- The ability to be an active team member in a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment;
- Strong teaching, pedagogical, and mentoring capabilities;
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills.
Candidates with one or more of the following required qualifications may apply:
- Doctorate or equivalent;
- Civil servant recruited through the École Polytechnique or ENA or former student of the École Normale Supérieure and ≥ 3 years of professional experience;
- Holds a post-graduate degree from an engineering, business, or management school and has ≥ 5 years of professional experience;
- Holds a post-graduate degree and has ≥ 5 years of professional experience;
- Is a high-level business executive with ≥ 8 years of professional experience.
Applicants should submit a single PDF file that includes:
- cover letter,
- curriculum vitae,
- statements of research and teaching interests (3 pages)
- list of publications
For full consideration, applications should be sent to this recruitment address no later than March 26, 2020.
Contact: Laurent Pautet