Équipe de recherche :Research Team:
Systèmes embarqués critiques autonomes (ACES)Autonomous Critical Embedded Systems (ACES)
Laboratoire Traitement et Communication de l'Information (LTCI)Information Processing and Communication Laboratory (LTCI)
Informatique et Réseaux (Infres)Computer Sciences and Networks (Infres)
I am a research engineer at Telecom Paris, Institut Polytechnique de Paris, and a member of the ACES (Autonomous and Critical Embedded Systems) research group of the LTCI (Information Processing and Communications Laboratory) lab.
I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Physics from the University of Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada in 1989 and a Master of Science in Astrophysics from the University of British Comlumbia, Canada in 1994.
I then worked in the software development industry for many years as a software architect at Cassiopae.
- Our third Multi-Paradigm Modeling for Cyber-Physical Systems (MPM4CPS) workshop has been accepted at the MODELS conference.
- Our paper « Multi-paradigm modelling for cyber-physical systems: a descriptive framework » will soon appear in a SoSyM special issue on MPM4CPS.
- I presented a keynote talk on the ACMoM project at the first IFSA ARCI Conference.
- Our book on Multi-Paradigm Modelling Approaches for Cyber-Physical Systems has been published.
My research interests are about Model-Based Engineering (MBE). As a former engineer who worked in the software development industry for several years before joining academia, I am interested in making current model-based approaches and their implementing tools issued from research ready for industry settings. Despite the large number of approaches and tools that have been proposed, important issues remain such as scalability, usability and other issues related to model management that require more research in order to be addressed properly.
In particular, I am working on foundations for Multi-Paradigm Modeling for Cyber-Physical Systems (MPM4CPS). Multi-Paradigm Modeling (MPM) is a school of thought that advocates the combination of reusable modular modeling languages with different paradigms instead of using a single monolithic language for the whole system. MPM also recommends that all parts and aspects of a system be modeled explicitly at the most appropriate level(s) of abstraction, using the most appropriate modeling formalisms to deal with engineering heterogeneity. During the MPM4CPS COST action IC1404, we have developed an ontological foundation of MPM4CPS expressed as a set of OWL ontologies. The ontology captures the core notions for the MPM, CPS and MPM4CPS domains with a new notion of MPM4CPS viewpoint concept.
MPM means that several models are jointly employed when developing CPSs, in order to cover the different properties of interests, different levels of abstraction and engineering domains. These models, whose information often overlap must therefore be properly managed throughout development to ensure that the models, their interplay and the activities performed on these models are managed properly. This is called Model Management and is also a research topic I am interested in.
Finally, I am also interested in the engineering of domain-specific modeling languages and in particular in the industry standard SAE AADL (Architecture Analysis & Design Language) modeling language for analyzing and synthesizing cyber-physical systems. I have been a member of the AADL standardization committee for more than 10 years. I contributed the RDAL language, which served as a basis for the ALISA (Architecture-Led Incremental System Assurance) framework. I also use the AADL ecosystem to evaluate MBE approaches and to prototype our new ideas. Thanks to its richness and complexity, AADL is an excellent candidate for such work.
- ACMoM: Architecture-Centric Model Management for ACVIP (Architecture Virtual Integration Process), funded by U.S. ARMY CCDC – ATLANTIC, DEVCOM, ongoing…
- MPM4CPS (Multi-Paradigm Modeling for Cyber-Physical Systems) COST Action IC1404, funded by EU
- Kaolin (Model-based EDA Tool to Program, Reuse or Retarget Embedded Systems on FPGAs), funded by Brittany region
- ADOSATE (Synchronizing the Adele and OSATE AADL Editors with Triple Graph Grammars)
- GLASSES (Génie Logiciel Appliqué aux SystèmeS EmbarquéS), funded by Brittany region
- Open-PEOPLE (Open Power and Energy Optimization PLatform and
Estimator), funded by ANR
- SPICES (Support for Predictable Integration of mission Critical Embedded Systems), funded by EUREKA-ITEA
- SAE AS2C AADL (Architecture Analysis & Design Language)
- Multi-Paradigm Modeling for Cyber-Physical Systems workshop at MODELS conference
- Multi-Paradigm Modeling for Cyber-Physical Systems training school, Pisa, Italy
- Vice-chair of working group 1 on foundations of COST Action IC1404 MPM4CPS
- 2 Multi-Paradigm Modeling workshops for COST Action IC1404 at Telecom Paris
- Opponent for the master thesis of Luís Duarte Martins Bastos de Oliveira, University Nova, Lisbon Portugal
- Examiner for the PhD thesis of Elie Richa, Telecom Paris
- Examiner for the PhD thesis of Cuauhtemoc Castellanos, Telecom Paris
- AnnSim 2021
- Summersim 2019
- ISD 2021, 2019, 2018, 2017
- Euromicro SEAA 2016, 2015, 2014
- FDL 2020
- ICSOFT 2021, 2020
- MPM Workshop 2015
- ISEC 2018
- SoSyM (Software and Systems Modeling)
- FGCS (Future Generation Computer Systems)
- ESE (Empirical Software Engineering)
- SCICO (Science of Computer Programming)
- ACM TECS (Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems)
- SQJ (Software Quality Journal)
- JSEP (Journal of Software: Evolution and Process)
- STTT (International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer)
- RE (Requirements Engineering)
- IET Computers & Digital Techniques
- Domain Specific Languages and Automatic Code Generation part of SE206 course at Telecom Paris.
- Model-Driven Engineering master project at the Hasso Plattner Instute, University of Potsdam
- Model-based engineering with SysML and AADL at the Université of South Brittany