Gain expertise in radio and fixed system protocols and architecture
Full time| Saclay Campus, Palaiseau
Levers for success
A professional training and a Bac+6 diploma.
A curriculum that anticipates future developments: 5G and the Internet of Things.
Train mobile network experts
Mobile networks have changed the way we communicate in our societies. From the first GSM telephone systems to the fifth generation systems, enormous progress has been made. These systems have become global and are now used by several billion people around the world.
Recent 4G deployments are already the first signs of a major new technological revolution towards fifth generation mobile systems and especially the Internet of Things.
The Post Master’s Degree® Mobile Networks, IoT and 5G is a professional training program that will allow you to demonstrate your expertise in mobile communications and connected objects, and to be at the heart of future developments (5G, IoT, Cloud) of infrastructures concerning billions of users.
The objective of the Post Master’s Degree® in Mobile Networks is to train experts in these different network application areas. Participants acquire expertise in the protocols and architecture of these systems, both on the radio and the fixed part. The most recent systems are presented in detail: LTE, LTE Advanced. Future developments, such as 5G and the Internet of Things, virtualization in mobile networks (NFV/SDN) and the cloud are also developed.
A second part of the training deals with radio engineering. It provides students with a mastery of the processes involved in the planning and dimensioning of these networks.
The program will consist of a 6-month full-time training period followed by a 4-6 month professional thesis internship.
- Features and comparison of wireless technologies for personal, wide area and local area networks (Zigbee, Bluetooth, 6LoWPAN, LoRa, Sigfox, WiFi),
- Architectures, capabilities and limitations of current technologies.
- 4G and 5G networks,
- NB-IoT technology,
- Planning and architecture of 4G, 3G and 2G networks,
- Operation of radio interfaces (GSM, EDGE, 3G, HSPA) and procedures (re-selection, handover), cell phone service and Internet access (context PDP activation, GTP tunnel and associated procedures),
- Mobility and security management,
- Drive test,
- Internet of things…
- IPv4 and IPv6,
- Data transport,
- Traffic engineering,
- Multicast, etc.
- Simulation of mobile radio networks: Modulation, Coding, Multiple access techniques, OFDMA,
- Simple dimensioning, propagation and planning models,
- Software radio under Gnuradio.
- Software (Contiki, RIOT, embedded Linux) and hardware platforms (sensor mote using FIT/IoT-Lab),
- Application level protocols (HTTP, COAP, MQTT),
- Smart grids and vehicular networks
- Client-server and pairwise applications,
- Data access (e.g., HTTP, SPDY and FTP),
- Addressing (DNS, DHCP and P2P)
- Messaging (SMTP, POP, IMAP),
- Broadcasting (CDN, BitTorrent, YouTube),
- VoIP (Skype)…
- SIP and MGCP signaling and deployment in the enterprise environment and in the core network,
- Media stream exchange (WebRTC).
- Virtualization of RAN infrastructure, mobile radio applications and physical layer functions (Software Radio),
- Cloud Computing, mobile radio terminal limits,
- Software Defined Networking (SDN),
- Cloud Radio Access Network (CRAN),
- Hard-Fiber Radio,
- Software Defined Radio
- Stochastic geometry,
- Simplifiable homology,
- Algebraic topology…
- Markov process,
- Infinitesimal generator,
- Stationary probability…
Configure, size, plan and optimize a wireless network.
The professional thesis is divided into two parts. The first part aligns with the work carried out throughout the year within the framework of projects. The second part starts in the summer when the work is done full time. It is carried out within the framework of an internship in a company or laboratory for a period of 4 to 6 months.
- 4G client QoS optimization
Radio and protocol validation of VoLTE
- Full IP deployment on 3G/3G+ network
- Optimization of the LTE access network
- Implementation of IP/PMLS QoS in the 4G network backbone
of the 4G network (EPC)
- 4G network planning and dimensioning
This Post Master’s Degree® is intended for engineers with knowledge either in the field of digital communications (propagation, modulation, coding, signal processing for telecoms) or in the field of computing and networks (protocols, data networks, Internet applications).
Students with solid knowledge in the field of computer system performance (statistical modeling, queuing, algorithms) will also find this Post Master’s Degree® a useful complement to their training.
Graduates of the Post Master’s Degree® Mobile Networks, loT and 5G are prepared for the following positions:
- IoT architect,
- Mobile network architect,
- Cellular planner,
- IoT network validation engineer,
- Mobile network architect,
- Radio optimization engineer,
- Mobile network validation engineer.
Contact and request a brochure
- Timmermans SabinestimmermansSabine TimmermansAssistante administrative et commercialeTélécom ParisTel : 01 75 31 96 11emailemail
The information collected here are subject to a processing by the Post-Master Degree Direction at Télécom Paris in order to respond to your information request. Such information can be used for internal statistical purposes and will be maintained for 1 year. The data controller is Télécom Paris.
In accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion and opposition to your personal data by writing to: email@example.com.
- Martins Goncalves PhilippemartinsPhilippe Martins GonçalvesEnseignant-ChercheurTélécom Paris