Break into the most strategic sector of the data-driven economy
Full-time | Saclay campus
Understand the economic and legal challenges of Big Data
Apply machine learning algorithms to real-world projects
Big Data is a strategic priority for businesses of all sizes and sectors. It is a revolution that is bringing sweeping changes to companies and is seen as an essential tool to create value.
Télécom Paris Tech leads three teaching and research chairs related to Big Data, offers a wide range of initial and continuing training programs, and promotes innovation through its incubator, Télécom Paris Novation Center. This brings together approximately fifty research professors, fifty PhD students and about one hundred graduates per year.
Télécom Paris’s Post-Master’s Degree in Big Data is well-known among major international groups and start-ups. Students usually receive several internship or job offers over the course of their training. Leading companies such as Thales, Safran, Airbus Group, Orange, etc. are members of monitoring and improvement committees for the Post-Master’s Degree in Big Data and for the Data Scientist Specialized Study Certificate, ensuring that course content responds to the needs of businesses.
All our Post-Master Degrees demand a very good level in French language in order to feel comfortable in following the classes that are long and complex, to understand the nuances of the French language, even the most subtle, and be able to take your written exams in French. A C1 level in French is the minimum required. A C2 level is even recommended. The better you will speak French, the easier the understanding of your classes will be, which is the key of your success in your studies.
Over a period of fifteen months, which includes nine months of coursework, the Post-Master’s Degree in Big Data offers courses, lab work, projects, seminars, and concludes with a four- to six-month professional internship and the defense of a professional thesis.
• Numerous case studies, lessons based on real-life situations, first-hand accounts
• Faculty members include research professors to teach students the most advanced theories and practices, and industry professionals to remain in touch with industry needs and applications
• Frequent contact with companies, through projects on real data, seminars, conferences, trade shows etc.
• Practical understanding of careers in data science
- Java programming
- Distributed systems
- Introduction to the Hadoop framework and modeling
- Data Science Kit
- Machine Learning
- Distributed algorithms for Big Data
- Internet economy and data privacy laws
- Year-long project
- Introduction to security in the field of Big Data
- Advanced machine learning
- Web data
- Information vizualization
- Big Data ecosystem
- Internet of Things
The program equips students with highly sought-after skills and expertise, and opens the door to an array of highly qualified careers:
- Data Analyst,
- Data Scientist,
- Chief Data Officer
- Data Protection Officer,
- Big Data Architect
* Integration survey conducted between March and October 2019 among graduates of the graduating classes of 2017 and 2018.